How can I be sure in the quality of the pills you offer?
High quality of the medications we offer is the subject of our primary concern. The logic is very simple: the better the quality of goods is, the more customers we have. Thus we are very attentive and selective in the choice of the supplier, the quality of goods are thoroughly tested and the documentation is closely checked. The medications are manufactured in India by an Indian state licensed, Indian FDA approved company. Each package of the products we sent out includes the Certificate of Analysis obtained from the manufacturer's laboratory and fully adheres to the Indian law.
|Osteoporosis / Generic Fosamax|
|75mg x 4 pills||$ 0.00||$ 0.00|
|75mg x 8 pills||$ 0.00||$ 0.00|
|75mg x 12 pills||$ 0.00||$ 0.00|
What is Alendronate Sodium?
How is Alendronate Sodium usually prescribed?
- Alendronate sodium is the generic name for Fosamax (brand name). Fosamax is chemically known as a bisphosphonate medication. It is not a hormone. Fosamax works only on the bone and does not affect the heart, breast, uterus or other parts of the body. Alendronate sodium (Fosamax) is taken for the prevention or treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and men. In addition, Fosamax is approved for the treatment of women and men with osteoporosis resulting from the long-term use of steroid medications such as prednisone or cortisone. Alendronate sodium (Fosamax) is FDA-approved for the prevention or treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and men. In addition, Fosamax is approved for the treatment of women and men with osteoporosis resulting from the long-term use of steroid medications such as prednisone or cortisone.
What are the benefits of Alendronate Sodium?
- For osteoporosis prevention, Alendronate Sodium is available as a 5mg tablet taken daily or a 35mg tablet taken once a week. For osteoporosis treatment, Fosamax is approved as a 10mg tablet taken daily or a 70mg tablet taken once a week. In addition, for osteoporosis treatment, the FDA recently approved alendronate sodium/cholecalciferol (Fosamax Plus D) a single, once-weekly tablet containing both 70mg alendronate sodium (Fosamax) and 2800IU of vitamin D (representing 7 days worth of 400IU of vitamin D). When taking Fosamax, it is recommended to get adequate calcium and vitamin D each day. It also important to follow the universal strategies for promotion of healthy bones.
What are the side effects of taking Alendronate Sodium?
- Clinical studies show alendronate sodium increases the bone mineral density of the existing skeleton and reduces the risk of all osteoporosis-related fractures (fractures of the spine and other non-spine areas including the hips) in patients with osteoporosis.
What drug(s) may interact with alendronate?
- The side effects of Fosamax may include heartburn and irritation of the esophagus but can usually be avoided by taking the medication properly. Fosamax must be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a full glass of tap water. Do not take Fosamax with any other beverages such as mineral water, juice, milk, coffee or tea. After taking this medication, you must remain upright (in a sitting or standing position) and avoid bending over or lying down for at least 30 minutes.
What is the shelf life of the pills?
- aluminum hydroxide
- anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen, naproxen, and others
- calcium supplements
- iron supplements
- magnesium supplements
- parathyroid hormone
- vitamins with minerals
- The expiry date is mentioned on each blister. It is different for different batches. The shelf life is 2 years from the date of manufacture and would differ from batch to batch depending on when they were manufactured.
» Product FAQ