Will my order be shipped the same day I purchase?
The products we sell are in stock for immediate delivery. However we have to check your order first to make sure that the shipping information is correct, after that the product you have ordered is packed and only then it is sent out. All these procedures take about 1-2 days.
|Hyperacidity / Generic Prevacid|
|30mg x 10 pills||$ 0.00||$ 0.00|
|30mg x 20 pills||$ 49.95||$ 2.50|
|30mg x 30 pills||$ 49.95||$ 1.67|
What is lansoprazole?
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking lansoprazole?
- Lansoprazole decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
- Lansoprazole is used to treat and prevent stomach and intestinal ulcers, erosive esophagitis (damage to the esophagus from stomach acid), and other conditions involving excessive stomach acid such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Lansoprazole may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
How should I take lansoprazole?
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have any type of liver disease. You may not be able to use lansoprazole, or you may need a dosage adjustment or special tests during treatment.
- Some conditions are treated with a combination of lansoprazole and antibiotics. To best treat your condition, use all of your medications as directed by your doctor. Be sure to read the medication guide or patient instructions provided with each of your medications. Do not change your doses or medication schedule without advice from your doctor.
- FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
- It is not known whether lansoprazole passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- Some forms of lansoprazole may contain phenylalanine. Tell your doctor if you have phenylketonuria.
- Do not give this medication to a child younger than 1 year old.
What happens if I miss a dose?
- Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Take each dose with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
- Lansoprazole should be taken before eating.
- Do not crush, break, or open a delayed-release capsule. Swallow the pill whole. It is specially made to release medicine slowly in the body. Breaking or opening the pill would cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- If you are unable to swallow a capsule whole: Open the capsule and sprinkle the medicine into a spoonful of pudding, applesauce, yogurt, cottage cheese, strained pears, or a nutritional drink such as Ensure. Swallow this mixture right away without chewing. Do not save the mixture for later use. Discard the empty capsule.
- You may also dissolve the medicine from a lansoprazole capsule in 2 ounces (1/ 4 cup) of apple juice, orange juice, or tomato juice. Stir this mixture and drink all of it right away. To make sure you get the entire dose, add a little more juice to the same glass, swirl gently and drink right away.
- Dissolve the oral granules in 2 tablespoons of water. Use only water when mixing lansoprazole oral granules. Stir this mixture and drink all of it right away. To make sure you get the entire dose, add a little more water to the same glass, swirl gently and drink right away.
- To take lansoprazole orally disintegrating tablet: Use dry hands to remove the tablet and place it in your mouth. It will begin to dissolve right away. Allow the tablet to dissolve in your mouth without chewing, swallowing several times as it dissolves.
- It is important to use lansoprazole regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
- Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before your treatment is completed.
- Store lansoprazole at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I overdose?
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at the next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What should I avoid while taking lansoprazole?
- Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
- An overdose of lansoprazole is not expected to produce life-threatening symptoms.
What are the possible side effects of lansoprazole?
- If you also take sucralfate (Carafate), avoid taking it at the same time you take lansoprazole. Sucralfate can make it harder for your body to absorb lansoprazole. Wait at least 30 minutes after taking lansoprazole before you take sucralfate.
What drug(s) may interact with lansoprazole?
- Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Other less serious side effects are more likely to occur, such as:
- nausea, stomach pain;
- diarrhea; or
- Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
What is the shelf life of the pills?
- iron salts
- The expiry date is mentioned on each blister. It is different for different batches. The shelf life is 2 years from the date of manufacture and would differ from batch to batch depending on when they were manufactured.
» Product FAQ